My teen loves these, they are simple to make, and only require four ingredients!
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup desiccated coconut, plus extra for coating the balls in
1 tablespoon butter, plus extra for greasing
1 tablespoon vanilla extract, optional
1. Mix condensed milk, coconut and butter together.
2. Stir constantly over medium heat for approx. 7 minutes, until the mixture shows the bottom of the pan when you scrape it with a wooden spoon.
3. Remove from heat. Spread onto a greased tray to cool.
4. Once it has reached room temperature, roll 1/2 teaspoon of mixture into balls. It is easier to do if you grease your hands with butter.
5. Once all balls have been rolled up, roll them through the extra coconut until completely coated, and then place them into small cupcake liners.
6. Place in fridge to firm up.
7. These will store for 2 days in an airtight container in the pantry (if you live somewhere cool) or up to 4 days in the fridge.