What could possibly be better than a Shepherd’s Pie? A Shepherd’s Pie Cob of course!
You Will Need
1 unsliced block or cob loaf
500g mince of your choice (beef, lamb, chicken, turkey)
1 1/2 cups of grated cheese
1 onion, diced
4 large potatoes, mashed
Tomato sauce to taste
Worcestershire sauce to taste
1. Cook onions, add mince and brown.
2. Add sauces and simmer on low until it looks like a bolognaise sauce.
3. While your sauce is simmering, boil and mash the potatoes.
4. Cut the top off your loaf and remove the inside bread.
5. Line the base of the loaf with 1/2 cup cheese.
6. Add a layer of mashed potato, and flatten.
7. Add a layer of mince sauce.
8. Keep layering until the loaf is so full it looks like it may burst.
9. Top with grated cheese.
10. Bake on 180 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes.
11. Cut the discarded bread into chunks, butter, sprinkle with garlic and cook on the tray under your loaf.
12. Slice loaf and serve hot.