The Christmas crackers I have been making are finally finished! I must say, I am a lot more happy with them than when I first started, what an awful project to have to put together!
Once the wood had been painted with a few coats, actually assembling the sides to the base, and the ends to the sides was really time consuming and fiddly. In the end I used Mod Podge to glue them together, which has worked well.
Once the boxes were built and had dried, I used various scrapbooking papers to decorate them, also using Mod Podge to adhere the papers and then to seal them. I added contrasting paper to the ends, and tied curling ribbon around them for some added shiny fun.
All up, now they are done, I am happy with how they have turned out!