My son is completely obsessed with peanut butter, and recently I entered, and won, a competition where the prize was a hamper full of jars of peanut butter. He was in heaven!
I meanwhile, have become a sick of the sight of peanut butter, and wanted to find a way to use as much of it up as possible, yet still give him the peanut butter joy. So, Peanut Butter Cups were made, and devoured, and here is the mash up recipe that I used.
375g peanut butter
4+ tablespoons icing sugar mixture (to taste)
400g chocolate (milk, white, dark, your choice)
- Put the peanut butter and icing in a bowl, mix thoroughly. It should look rather like a biscuit dough or congealed Weet-Bix.
- Melt half of the chocolate on the stove (if you are old school like me), or in the microwave.
- Using a teaspoon carefully cover the bottom of 24 mini patty cases. Set in fridge for 10 minutes.
- Break off chunks of the peanut butter dough and place in the patty cases, squashing down with your hands. Set in fridge for 10 minutes.
- Melt remaining chocolate, spoon on to the top of the peanut butter mixture. Yes, you guessed it, set it in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- This final step is the hardest. Place in a container and hide them from the kids.
- Enjoy them on the sly!