As promised, here is the recipe for the Mars Bar slice I made earlier this week.
5 regular sized Mars bars
1/4 cup golden syrup
1 tablespoon butter
4 cups rice bubbles
400g chocolate (white, dark, milk – your choice)
- Break the Mars bars up, set aside.
- Put rice bubbles into a large bowl, set aside.
- Grease your slice tray and line with baking paper. Do not skip this step. Use foil if you have no baking paper, but the tray must be lined.
- Put Mars bars, butter, and golden syrup into a saucepan and melt until smooth and fully combined. Be careful not to have the heat too high or your caramel will burn.
- Pour mixture over rice bubbles, stir until all combined.
- Pour into your lined tray and press down until smooth and even. Set aside.
- Using a double boiler or a microwave, melt your chocolate. Pour over the slice. Pop in the fridge until set.
- Slice and serve.