We love Toad in the Hole in this family, in fact, I simply adore anything English. I would literally give up all I have (except my boy), to move and live in England. God willing, it will happen one day.
I have had a few questions about what exactly Toad in the Hole is, so I thought I would share my recipe.
6 beef sausages
1 cup self raising flour
1 cup milk
- Mix the flour and milk in a bowl with a fork. Don’t be too concerned if there are lumps, it will still work out.
- Grease your pan. It makes no difference whatsoever which pan you use. I use a muffin tray as it is easy to manage portions.
- Cut your sausage into pieces with scissors, and scatter in the pan.
- Place batter on top. The sausages do not need to be fully covered, and the batter does not have to cover the entire bottom of the tray.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celcius for 25 minutes, or until the top is lightly browned.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables. Or with gravy, your choice.
You can also eat these cold as a snack.